Airtel Kenya announces FREE transactions on Airtel Money across all bands
Airtel Kenya has waived all transaction fees on its Airtel Money Platform, making it possible for Kenyans to send and receive money for FREE. This move comes following a meeting with stakeholders, and in response to H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta’s appeal to mobile money operators to consider reducing mobile money transaction costs to customers.
Starting today March 17, 2020, Airtel Kenya will waive all person to person transaction fees for Airtel Money customers across all the bands for the next 90 days.
Further to this, in boosting and supporting the SME and micro business enterprise, together with the Central Bank of Kenya Airtel Kenya has also revised the transaction limits for mobile money transaction as follows;
• The daily transaction limit for mobile money has been increased from Ksh. 70,000 to Ksh. 150,000
• Daily limit for mobile money transactions from Ksh. 140,000 to Ksh. 300,000
• Mobile Money wallet balance limit increased from Ksh. 140,000 to Ksh. 300,000
• The current tariff for mobile money transactions for Ksh.70,000 will apply for transactions up to ksh. 150,000
• Charges waived for transfers from airtel money wallet to the bank account
In partnership with the government, Airtel has set up a toll free line 719, where all customers can now access information and updates on the COVID-19. This will enable Kenyans to gain better understanding and knowledge on how to prevent and manage any suspected cases.
‘Airtel would like to thank the government of Kenya and other industry stakeholders for the continued proactive measures aimed at ensuring the safety of all Kenyans during this period.We remain committed to working together with all key stakeholders in safeguarding the lives of all Kenyans,’
the company noted in a statement.
2,251 total views, 3 views today