Eunice Njeri scoops best Artist of 2019 Groove Awards as the winners unveiled in a colorful celebration
The 14th Annual Groove Awards Gala went down over the weekend in a colorful celebration held at Mövenpick Hotel Westlands.
Glam, Fashion, Pomp and Color graced the red carpet with Government Officials, Celebrities, Gospel Artists, Media Personalities and Music Fans bringing the best of fashion.
READ ALSO: A DAY TO 2019 GROOVE AWARDS
In line with the theme “Better Together,” this year’s awards season was focused on the message of unity in building better relationships, synergies and societies.
“The announcement of the winners followed a rigorous process of reviewing over 900,000 Online and SMS votes that the public cast. We have received very positive feedback and seen such ownership and excitement by the public throughout the season. 14 years on and we are excited and grateful to be unveiling the list of winners for the 14th edition,” said Groove panel Chairman Charles Kairu. “We are truly honored to be in a position to shape culture, recognize and celebrate today’s talented artistes and their contribution to the growth of the gospel music industry.”
The Awards, which were first launched in 2004, are held annually to celebrate gospel artists both in Kenya and in the region, and have over the last decade grown into a highly anticipated feature of the gospel industry calendar
Winners in each category were selected based on number of votes by the public, a two weeks long process that began soon after the Groove Nominations Night in May.
To protect the integrity of the voting process, all votes were assessed by leading audit firm EY.
The 14th Annual Groove Awards was produced by MoSound Events and was proudly sponsored by NRG Radio, Coke Studio, Little Cab, M-Akiba, Bonfire Adventures, Coca Cola, Pace Africa, Vivo Energy, Intercontinental Hotel and Safaricom.
- Artist of the Year – Eunice Njeri
- Song of the Year: Vimbada – Jabidii, Moji Short Babaa
- Music Video of the Year – Nifanane Nawe – Wahu Kagwe
- Young Groover of the Year – Amani Gracious
- Reggae/ Ragga Song of the Year – China – Jabidii
- Teens Choice Song of theYear – Vimbada – Jabidii, Moji Short Babaa
- Collabo of the Year – Vimbada – Jabidii, Moji Short Babaa
- Dance Style/ Song of the Year – Vimbada – Jabidii, Moji Short Babaa
- Outstanding Contributor – RKay
- Diaspora Artist of the Year – Benachi
- Hypeman/ MC of the Year – Timeless Noel
- Song Writer of the Year – Pitson
- Online/ Digital Personality of The Year – Kabi and Milly for the WaJesus Family
- Video Producer of the Year – Steve Mugo
- The Audio Producer of The Year – Gideon Kimanzi
- Breakthrough Female Artist of The Year – Emma Omonge
- Breakthrough Male Artist of The Year – Baraka Musiq
- Breakthrough Dj of the Year – Ken the Dj
- Media Personality of The Year- Syombua Mwele
- Praise and Worship Song of the Year – Eunice Njeri Zaidi na Zaidi
- Nyanza Counties Song of the Year – Conquerer – Fenny Kerubo
- Rift Valley Song of the Year – Kapchi – Mum Cherop
- Eastern Counties Song of the Year – Stephen Kasolo
- Coastal Song of the Year – Nakupenda – Eve Bahati
- Central Song of the Year – Mutheani – Phyllis Mbuthia and Sammy Irungu
- Western Song of the Year – Lwanda ni Yesu – Timothy Kitui and Ali Mukhwana
152 total views, 1 views today
SMS 'Truth' to 22285 for EXCLUSIVE & BREAKING NEWS.
#GrooveAwards2019Annual Groove AwardsBonfire AdventuresCoca ColaCoke StudioGroove Awards 2019Intercontinental HotelLittle CabLittle cab KenyaM-AkibaMoSound EventsNrg RadioPace AfricaSafaricomVivo Energy