HOW TO BE : DR. MIGUNA MIGUNA
- Be a student leader at the University of Nairobi (1986 to 1987). (November 1987) Be arrested and detained in-communicado before being released and expelled from the University together with colleagues for championing multi-party democracy.
- Flee to Tanzania, then Swaziland before being granted political asylum in Canada (June 1988).
- Obtain a Bachelor of Arts degree, with distinction, in Political Science and Philosophy from the University of Toronto (June 1990); a Juris Doctor (JD) from Osgoode Hall Law School of York University (June 1993); and a Master of Laws (LLM) degree, with distinction, from The Osgoode Hall Law School (June 2001)
- Be admitted to the Ontario Bar as a Barrister and Solicitor (February 1995) and as an Advocate in Kenya (2008).
- (1989 – 1994) Be the Coordinator of the Committee for Democracy in Kenya (CDK), an exile-based pro-democracy lobby group that successfully campaigned for the repeal of section 2A of the old Constitution that had made Kenya a de jure one party state.
- Between 2006 and 2009, serve as a senior adviser and chief strategist for the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and its party leader, Raila Odinga.
- (2009 to 2011) Be the senior adviser on coalition, constitutional and legal affairs to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya.
- Serve as the Joint Secretary to the Permanent Committee on the Management of Grand Coalition Affairs.
- Represent ODM and Mr. Odinga during the constitutional review process in addition to participating in other important functions of state and government.
- Be a commentator on cultural and socio-political affairs, publish six books and thousands of articles in journals and newspapers both in Kenya and abroad.
- Be a visionary and committed revolutionary Pan-Africanist who believes in and is committed to a more equal, accountable and transparent governance with a history of incorruptibility and will instil ethics, honesty, efficiency and order in the delivery of services for the people.
- Be fully committed to a job creation programme ; the bridging of the widening gap between the rich and the poor; the construction of decent affordable housing for the homeless and slum dwellers; and the building of wider and adequate roads controlled by functioning traffic lights.
- Vie for the position of Governor of Nairobi city county (2017) with a vision to unveil an infrastructural development of light rapid rail system; a subway system; a sewer and storm drainage system; a solid waste management system; provision of clean piped water for everyone; adequate bicycle and pedestrian lanes; and a clean environment with gardens, parks and recreational facilities in all estates, especially in low income areas.
- Intend to eliminate corruption, land-grabbing, tribalism, nepotism and cronyism as Governor and insist that under your leadership, qualifications, creativity, resourcefulness, industry and ability will be the determining factors on who is employed and in what capacity and that ultimately, merit – not political or personal connections – will count.
- Vow to identify, eliminate and banish cartels from the corridors of City Hall for good.
- Be the undisputed king of epic twitter responses and trolls.
341 total views, 6 views today